09 February 2008

Flash back ...

When I was in primary school, when I first heard this word, I was the one with almost nothing to tell in a class full of stamp, coin collectors.... and one friend enquired "Why not collect stamps?". I had absolutely no idea whether I wanted to do it. But she lended me few stamps for me to start. Then I traded with girls from other classes and my collection grew. In a month, I was happy with my collection. I wanted a stamp album for my collection and started pestering my father. When he got me one, I stored all my stamps in my precious album and showed it off to everyone who visited our home. And to my surpise, even my father had a good collection of stamps and he did not even show it to me until he believed I am really into my new hobby :-). He had quite a few "First Day" stamps thats hard to get. But I guess he was not ready to part with his precious collection! I don't even remember now when I stopped enjoying this hobby.

2 comments:

Shanthi said...

You know what i used to collect when i was a kid ? Chocolate wrappers. And the best part is i used to keep each of it in between two two pages in a small bounded dictionary i had. And on top of each right corner i used to write the chocolate name. Melody and bon bon are the precious stuff at that time. I am still a coffee bite girl but :)

For me stamps came in letters from singapore, germany and usa from my big b. Its fedex now even if something is sent in post :( coins and currency of asian, european and american countries as well are there now because of my international family (too much statement, i know)

Loga said...

I think everybody has fantasy with the chocolate wrappers when we were kids, I also have done the same...Coffee bite is still my favi too :-)